This Page

has been moved to new address

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

We all have guilty pleasures, and this bright yellow, big brushed, weirdly spelt (volum'?) mascara is mine.


Having launched onto the market way back in 2008, The Colossal still continues to brag at being able to give lashes up to 7 times more volume thanks to its easy to load collagen enriched formula. Whilst I guess emphasis should be put on the words "up to", in general I think this mascara does a great job at bringing both a burst of instant length and thickness to the table. After all, here's what my lashes look like after just one quick coat:

Before:


After:



Whilst at times the large brush can be right royal pain to use, overall I've made my way though about 4 tubes of this formula. Leaving my eyes perfectly framed for anything up to 12 hours, I rarely - if ever - encounter any clumping or flaking thanks to the beautiful lightness of the texture. Granted it's not the most exciting or enjoyable product to use, but it does its job and it does it well. I just wish it looked a little bit prettier in my make up bag.

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara is available from selected stores worldwide and boots.com for £7.19

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Jana said...

I have never tried this but think I have to now! Your eyelashes look amazing! :)

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried the waterproof version? Someone recommended it to me for holiday. I do not like the feel of holding those massive fat wands though - I wish that trend would bugger off!

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Anonymous ANGELA said...

i love this mascara....good review :)

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger JoselinDesilva said...

I love this mascara and most of them by maybelline. Sometimes I find that this mascara can start to flake throughout the day. It may just be me :S

xxx

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Lauren Baker said...

I hear so many people raving about this one, but I keep forgetting to try it out. After seeing how great it looks on your lashes, I'll be sure to pick it up next time I'm out! If I remember....haha. xxx

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Holly said...

I heave heard good things about this mascara, but it is hard to top CoverGirl LashBlast Volume (spelled with an "e"... ahaha!)

-Holly
ultaismycandystore.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger SheerBeauty (Kayla) said...

looks like a great mascara, i might try this next time I need some mascara. :)

http://sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Jenn said...

i love this mascara

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness 4 tubes? I don't think I have ever finished 1 tube of mascara - actually I lie I have finished tubes in plural of Clinique Naturally Glossy. Its the feel, if there is a hint of a crispy lash it is straight in the bin for me. Looks good on you and the yellow makes a change. Thanks for this. Jan

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Elizabeth King said...

I've tried it and it's pretty nice! But I just didn't like the smell all too much! I'm now hooked to using Maybelline Falsies! ^_~

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2011 , Blogger Kar Yi said...

I am in love with the waterproof version of this mascara! It holds a curl amazingly well, lengthens and voluminizes.... I haven't used a better mascara yet :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home