This Page

has been moved to new address

Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer Lipstick

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer Lipstick

Monday 22 August 2011

Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer Lipstick

Many years ago whilst on a modelling shoot for a Sunday Newspaper, the ultra friendly make up artist kindly sent me home with one of these beauties as a memento of our day together. Ever since I've literally got through tubes of the stuff; repeatedly reaching for it on those days when all I want is a quick burst of colour to instantly perk up my complexion.


Available in 6 delicate shades, Laura Mercier Sheer Lipstick provides a light wash of colour with a semi matte finish. Containing botanicals to help care for your pout, these are brilliant handbag essentials to keep your look both fresh and natural throughout the day. I've carried a tube of Healthy Lips firmly in my purse for well over 5 years now and love the subtle finish it gives - ideal for work, rest or play.

Healthy Lips swatched

Whilst I long for the taste to be vastly improved, the colour itself applies evenly, hugging the lips with a bright comfortable light texture. Though it claims to plump and condition the mouth I can sometimes find the formula a bit drying, particularly if the product is over 6 months old. It's nothing that a gentle slick of lip balm can't fix, but it's something to be aware of if you're prone to chapping. In general I find this formula easy to wear - yes, it's not the greatest lipstick I've ever tried, but the colour is simply fantastic against my skin tone. See!


Healthy Lips applied to heavily pigmented lips

Cool in its properties, this shade lacks any hint of brown making it an ideal candidate for those of you with ultra pale skin. Whilst some reviews on the web report the product turning fuchsia on the wearers lips, this is all to do with the sheerness of the formula when layered over your unique natural colour. If you're near a Laura Mercier counter and fancy investing in an effortless and easy lip product then this bullet would be my top tip. My make up collection certainly wouldn't be complete without it.

Laura Mercier Healthy Lips is available from selected stores worldwide and spacenk.co.uk for £16.50

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2011 , Blogger Claire said...

I love this, it DOES make your lips look healthy!

 
At Monday, August 22, 2011 , Blogger shanice said...

Gorgeous colour, you were right about it looking fantastic against your skin tone!x

 
At Monday, August 22, 2011 , Blogger JoselinDesilva said...

Wow I need this, it looks just lovely on the lips, like a stain but in a stick!

http://thecosmeticcrave.blogspot.com/
xxx

 
At Monday, August 22, 2011 , Blogger Jenn said...

I've been wanting to try this! Thanks
xo

Jenn
imperfection-isbeauty.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home