This Page

has been moved to new address

Bobbi Brown SPF15 Tinted Moisturizer - Alabaster Tint

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Bobbi Brown SPF15 Tinted Moisturizer - Alabaster Tint

Saturday 30 July 2011

Bobbi Brown SPF15 Tinted Moisturizer - Alabaster Tint

Several years ago I remember eagerly curling up on the couch, working my way through a full 2 hour Bobbi Brown QVC show; desperate to see just how much coverage the concealers gave, how bright the blush applied, how full the lips could get. The next day I sat on the bus crawling through central London traffic, patiently waiting to get to Brent Cross in order to physically see and touch these wonderful tools for myself. I can remember the SA offering me a make over, sitting me down on a tall leather stall, buffing on powder, telling me that I needn't bother with lipstick because my natural colour was so pretty. As a teenager being bullied at school over my appearance it made me feel calm hearing someone tell me I was alright. She didn't push me to purchase anything; instead she sent me home with a little tester of foundation to try out next time I "went to a party". From that moment on Bobbi Brown instantly became my favourite.


Since this love affair began my most used Bobbi product has always been the SPF15 tinted moisturiser. I relied on the old formula for years even though the lightest base wasn't exactly a perfect match for my porcelain skin (you can see a swatch here). When news hit the product was not only being relaunched with new packaging but also additional shades , I was curious to see exactly what choices were to be put on the table - after all, Bobbi is internationally famous for her wide spectrum of foundation tones. Earlier this month I picked up a bottle of 'Alabaster Tint' and I couldn't be more pleased. Pale ladies, this is for you!

Alabaster Tint swatched/ blended

Containing the likes of Jojaba oil, this richly hydrating formula glides onto the skin effortlessly, providing light, natural looking coverage that instantly leaves your complexion looking smooth, luminous and bright. Whilst the smell still isn't my favourite in the world (cucumber sandwiches, anyone?), the texture is an absolute dream to work with, masking the face with sheer, seamless coverage that swiftly evens out skin tone. This has become my ultimate go-to base in the mornings, with the added SPF becoming highly appreciated on those scatty days when I forget to apply sunscreen.

Alabaster Tint applied to bare skin (photo taken around 5 minutes after application)

Available in an oil free version too, the new shade range is a massive step up from the old selection. Whilst the choice is still relatively low compared to other Bobbi bases (7 colours instead of the normal 15), if you match any of her existing foundations shades you should sit comfortably within one of the new tinted moisturiser brackets. For me, Alabaster Tint is a far superior match to what was previously on offer, taking it from a shade I was only able to wear 6 months of the year to something I can use in my routine even during winter.


Extreme close up of product on skin.

Whilst the face might appear a tad greasy after initial application (5 to 15 minutes after blending onto skin with my fingers), the finish does soften and become more subtle than sweaty. Lasting around 8 hours in moderate heat, once removed my skin feels super soft, making this a great candidate for those of you who suffer from slight dry patches on your cheeks. Priced at £27 for 50ml, this is a pricey option and something that I would strongly suggest trying out before opening your wallet, if only to see how it sits on your skin. For me, it's the perfect light weight base and something I know I'll be repurchasing for years to come - after all, no one does 'my skin but better' like Bobbi.

Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer is available from BB counters worldwide and bobbibrown.co.uk for £27. It is also available in an oil free version.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, July 30, 2011 , Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, great review! And I love cucumber sandiwches :P Your eyes are crazy pretty, so jealous :P

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2011 , Blogger Grace said...

fab review. you have amazing blue eyes!! I really need a new tinted moisturiser, I improved my skin care routine and my skin doesnt need full coverage anymore, i might take a look at this!
Grace xx

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2011 , Blogger Sarah @Scrumptious Sally said...

I don't think anyone will ever persuade me away from Laura Mercier's tint, the only coverage that I buy again and again. That being said, is there anything that Bobbi has that Laura doesn't..?

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2011 , Anonymous Arianne said...

This looks amazing. :) Your skin looks like it's glowing, not greasy. I'm curious if this costs less than my Laura Mercier here.

What other Bobbi Brown products do you love? I haven't tried anything from the brand. The correctors/concealers sound awesome.

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 , Blogger Nat said...

Excellent review! Unfortunately, I don't think this would offer enough coverage for me (my skin's nowhere near as lovely as yours!), but it looks great on you! Your skin looks gorgeously glowy, fresh and natural. Will have to check out some of the other bases on offer next time I'm near a counter!

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmigod i HAVE to buy this! it looks and sounds incredible! such an amazing reveiw, my pale skin is tingling with anticaption!

 
At Wednesday, August 03, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review - I really enjoy reading your blog!
Does this BB tinted moisturizer provide more coverage than Becca's Luminous Skin Colour Tinted Moisturiser SPF 25? And which of the two matched your skin tone best; Bobbi Brown's Alabaster or Becca's Porcelain?
BTW; you look so stunning!

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2011 , Blogger lisadrivesavan said...

Thanks for the review, this product looks stunning on your skin and is quite reasonably priced. you look beautiful <3

 
At Friday, August 05, 2011 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@Arianne - The BB concealers are THE BEST! I've been using them non stop for the past 5 years and wouldn't switch.

@Anon - I'd say BB is slightly thicker in it's coverage, mainly because the texture is less watery than the Becca range. Both tones suit my skin perfectly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home