This Page

has been moved to new address

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua SPF 15 Foundation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua SPF 15 Foundation

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua SPF 15 Foundation

Ah Chanel.

I've literally lost count of the number of times you've sat there looking tempting with your interlocking Cs, taunting me with your gorgeous fluid foundations. As someone with very pale skin I've often walked away with nothing but an orange swatch and a heavy heart. However, I'm glad to say that's finally all changed...


Vitalumiere Aqua is a sheer and delicate watery base that feels truly weightless when applied against the skin. Packaged in a plastic squeeze bottle, the product must be shaken thoroughly before each use to insure the fluid is dispensed with both a thick texture and even colour.

Vitalumiere Aqua B10 swatched/ sheered out

I genuinely love this base. Offering a radiant, buildable finish that lasts all day, this formula instantly lifts my skin tone making my overall appearance noticeably more polished and glowy. The colour applies incredibly sheer and builds up quickly to reveal a more intense medium coverage, however this is the part where I always seem to get a bit stuck...

Vitalumiere Aqua B10 applied to bare skin

Chanel have limited their release of the rose toned shades and are currently only stocking the beige collection in UK retailers. B10 - the palest shade - possesses dramatic yellow tones, and for this reason alone I am unable to build the coverage up beyond two layers. If you can get a perfect colour match with one of the five shades available then you're definitely onto a good thing - this foundation looks INCREDIBLE when built up. However, if like me the shades run too warm for your complexion, you'll simply have to make do with a lighter and sheerer application. Great for young skin, but perhaps not ideal for those of you who like a bit more oomph and coverage to your base.


Extreme close up of product applied to skin

I've no doubt the rose toned version of Vitalumiere Aqua would provide me with my holy grail base. The formula applies smoothy, dries quickly, looks healthy, leaves no residue, feels weightless...literally, the list of plus points is as long as my arm; I adore the way it blurs out my pores providing an almost airbrushed effect. I love the way it looks like my skin but better. I bizarrely enjoy using the squeezy bottle. I just wish it wasn't so darn yellow.

If you're interested definitely head down to your local Chanel counter and swatch away. This is honestly a fantastic product and one that I highly recommend - just be cautious of the rather limited tonal choice for those of us with pale or dark skin. Seriously, when will brands realise all the women of the world don't fit into their lack lustre efforts of 5 shades? If you're a fan of light weight, natural looking breathable bases than this will be right up your street; the perfect choice for delicate spring skin.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is available from Chanel stands worldwide and boots.com for £31.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Jana said...

Such a shame they don't do more shades! I hope you manage to get your hands on the right shade! I'm quite 'yellow' so I will definitely have to pay the Chanel counter a visit when I am next out shopping for a foundation! Great review as usual! x

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Dani said...

Aww no what a shame! I'm not the palest of people but I still find it difficult to find the right shade of foundation and I know how gutted you must feel that it's not quite right! Maybe someone will be able to find the rose toned one for you?
xx

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Nina Hanika said...

Your skin is so INSANELY good!!

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

My heart is breaking for you with this one. I´m hearing so much about "the lumieres" that it´s basically driving me to just go buy it....after doing my ·foundation project" I thought, alright, now you may buy my EL Double, but alas, lumiere lumiere...and now Ruth has thrown yet ANOTHER wrench in my program with EL Double Light:S

So yes, for different reason, but I suffer lumiere as well. It looks smashing and their face&body alá Chanel is mighty tempting....

oxoxElana

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

your skin is so beautiful! i'm jealous :p

i love vitalumiere already so i'm excited to try this out :)

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

Preach. Makeup companies rarely care about those either end of the spectrum.

Is there not some sort of colourant you can add to the foundation so that it provides the rose tone you need? I'm thinking Ben Nye sell one. Or a yellow one, at least. I don't know if they do a pink one, can't see any reason why they wouldn't though...

Still, for however much Chanel are selling their foundation, you shouldn't have to.

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger Jadegrrrl said...

My friend is using this at the moment and she finds it quite similar to MAC face & body, have you tried F&B?

 
At Wednesday, February 02, 2011 , Blogger My Lips But Better said...

Oh my goodness, I think the clouds just opened up and angels started singing. That shade would be PERFECT for me since I need a little yellow to counteract surface redness. I've got a gift card set aside for when this is available in a few weeks :)

 
At Thursday, February 03, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too yellow for me - what a huge shame. Thanks for posting. Jan x

 
At Wednesday, March 09, 2011 , Blogger Andrea said...

Never mind it being yellow, surely it's FAR too dark for you!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home