This Page

has been moved to new address

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara

Monday 24 January 2011

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara

As the cosmetic market becomes positively saturated with fake lashes and their mascara based rivals, it seems the bigger brands are pulling out all the stops in order to provide even more money making must haves. The latest spin off comes from Maybelline, a company who promise an intense, matte black effect in just a single sweep of their spoon shaped brush...


I'll admit, I'm yet to try the original Falsies formula - which I guess makes this review somewhat redundant. Whilst Black Drama offers to provide the same false lash effect, the twist comes with the added bonus of carbon black fibres; an ingredient intended to deliver more depth and intensity, creating the ultimate dramatic night time look.

Before:


After:



Although I have no major complaints regarding the brush or formula, I just can't seem to click with this mascara. Whilst it adds a great amount of length, my lashes tended to clump due to the rather wet texture of the blend. It holds up phenomenally well throughout the day and doesn't leave the hairs too brittle, but as far as an intense false lash effect goes? I don't think it's 100% there.

Whilst I enjoy wearing this throughout the day at work, I definitely wouldn't trade in my beloved YSL when it comes to creating those elusive evening eyes.

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara is available from selected chemists worldwide and boots.com for £8.19

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 24, 2011 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

have you tried it after it's dried up a bit? sometimes mascaras work better when it's a bit dry. i was tempted by this product but i haven't been hearing such great reviews.

oh, and are you talking about the faux cils? does that volumize as well as lengthen?

 
At Monday, January 24, 2011 , Blogger Tiffany said...

I've heard really mixed reviews on this mascara but I have to be honest, I've read a lot of your mascara reviews, and they all seem to look amazing on you! I think you were just blessed with naturally amazing lashes :) x

 
At Monday, January 24, 2011 , Blogger Lucy said...

I tried the original one and really didn't like it - it was just clumpy :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home