This Page

has been moved to new address

The Beauty Bite's Make Up Staples: Eyebrows

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: The Beauty Bite's Make Up Staples: Eyebrows

Monday 7 February 2011

The Beauty Bite's Make Up Staples: Eyebrows

When I was younger my mum forbid me from wearing make up - mainly due to the fact I was about 9 years old at the time - however, my sister developed a cunning plan which involved us buying a clear Miss Selfridge eyebrow gel and grooming our unruly hairs in secret. Man, those days were WILD!


Now, come 2011, I wouldn't be anywhere without my brow based essentials. After all, structured brows are crucial to finishing off any look, and all good make up bags wouldn't be complete without at least one trusted eyebrow pencil. Whilst reasonably pigmented matte shadows work gorgeously well at filling in gaps, pencils are without a doubt a more quick and precise way at pulling together a polished look in record time.


MAC Eye Brow Crayon in Fling swatched

The market is literally flooded with shades and textures to pick from; my ultimate go-to product is Eye Brows by MAC, an ultra fine self sharpening crayon that provides natural looking shape and definition in a matter of moments. It applies beautifully smooth and feels incredibly soft against the skin, regardless of how scratchy the nib may appear.

Another quick brow essential is Vaseline. By simply applying the tiniest amount of product to your little finger, the brows can be styled into place obtaining up to 8 hours firm hold. I've been doing this since I was 14 years old and love the sleek finish it gives. Voila! Abracadabra! Shazam! You get the picture...

What brow weapons do you swear by? Am I the only one too chicken to get them threaded?!

MAC Eye Brows are available in a wide range of shades from MAC counters worldwide and maccosmetics.co.uk for £11.50

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like fling but it is just a tad on the warm side for me. For years I used a MAC eyeshadow called Safari which unfortunately is a discontinued, although I have loads left, and it is the perfect greeney beigey (yes I do mean greeny!).Currently I use Shu Uemura hard formula #9 which is seriously good. Had to laugh about the threading, I did this first about 2yrs ago and thought it was the best, but recently I have let them grow because to be frank they were being threaded out of existance, and I do think that a thicker brow is a bit more youthful...Sorry to make an essay out of a comment, but I love a good brow post. Jan x

 
At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Benefit's Speed Brow--AnnieA

 
At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Blogger Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

I use Lingering by MAC when I remember. I totally agree though that the brows are super important. I need to pay closer attention to it!

 
At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Blogger ShimmerDreamz said...

lol. Love the flashback of the past!

Sad to say my brows only need tweezing away the few strands of stragglers and that's it. I like using a clear brow gel or mascara to set it purely because it's easier to comb through the strands with that brush thing.

http://shimmerdreamz.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gotta try vaselline. thanks for the tip!

 
At Monday, February 07, 2011 , Blogger dontcallmejessie said...

Ever since I started using the MAC Lingering brow pencil I can't go a day without it! I've repurchased it over and over. I don't know how I went without for so long before!

 
At Tuesday, February 08, 2011 , Blogger ihavemostlybeen said...

Clinique superfine liner user myself in Soft Brown, used to use Fling but prob with both is that one morning you get up, do one brow to perfect arch and then *nothing* empty propelling pencil. With no warning. At least with Clinique I can race into huds and re-purchase with MAC its an online order and I cant go brow less for that long! Now try and have a spare at all times!

 
At Tuesday, February 08, 2011 , Blogger The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

If I get mine threaded, there won't be any left...

I usually use matte shadow on mine. If I haven't filled them in, people give me really strange looks - that's how sparse my natural one are.

 
At Tuesday, February 08, 2011 , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

Hehe, I use a super cheap pencil which retails for $0.99, but I'll devote a separate post to that... x

 
At Thursday, February 10, 2011 , Anonymous Georgina said...

I'm with you on this one! I'm all about the bold brow. The MAC pencil you've posted here is next on my shopping list. Currently, I'm using a Rimmel pencil in "black brown", but I'm wondering if MAC's jet black pencil will suit my needs a little better...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home