This Page

has been moved to new address

Marks & Spencer Autograph Quad Blusher: Pink Mix

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Marks & Spencer Autograph Quad Blusher: Pink Mix

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Marks & Spencer Autograph Quad Blusher: Pink Mix

Marks and Spencer's are famed for many things: food, bras, wonderfully comfortable granny pants - but one thing that it's not instantly praised for is it's ever expanding cosmetic collection. With products ranging from a £1 upwards, like the clothing labels in store the make up range is too divided into sub-brands based on ingredients, packaging and over all general quality.


Back in December I picked up this delicious quad blusher from one of the more premium strands: Autograph. Presented in a weighty mirrored compact, this perfectly pink assortment comes complete with it's own hidden brush.


Moulded into 4 individual cubes, the colours range from a beautifully shimmery pink to a more muddy toned bronze. When swatched individually the shades apply heavily pigmented, yet when applied onto the face using the included brush it's hard to detect any tone at all.


The featured brush is pretty useless, quite simply because the talc powder doesn't cling very well to it's bristles. I decided to swap over to my ever trusted Bobbi Brown blusher brush and - yep, you've guessed it - the formula applies like a dream. Packed full of glimmer, yet free from glitter, I find this shade instantly adds both warmth and radiance to my cheeks. Perfect for cold winter mornings.


Pink Mix blusher applied using included brush

Retailing at £12, I actually think this product stands up well for it's price. The general feeling of the packaging is quite luxe and the blusher itself is neither too gritty or loose. It's by no means a high quality product; although the raised presentation reminds me of Givenchy, the formula does leave a bit to be desired. I get around 7 hours wear - enough to get me through a day at work - and for that I'm certainly not complaining. I genuinely love the subtle glow and sheen this quad leaves on the skin, and as far as my ventures into M&S make up go, I've repeatedly been very impressed.

Autograph Quad Blusher in Pink Mix is available from selected M&S stores nationwide and marksandspencer.com for £12.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 12, 2011 , Blogger 10thingsaboutagirl said...

Ooo, this looks lovely. It kinda reminds me of a Benefit Powder Pop-type product.

It's being added to my wistlist.

Do you do it in a bronzer too?

 
At Wednesday, January 12, 2011 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@10thingsaboutagirl - they have another shade in 'coral mix' which is slightly more gold and brown based, so it should make a good bronzer!

 
At Wednesday, January 12, 2011 , Blogger j said...

That is so pretty on you, and the compact is lovely as well!

 
At Wednesday, January 12, 2011 , Blogger Lucy said...

Oooh, I like this!

 
At Thursday, January 13, 2011 , Anonymous Celina said...

This blush really suits your skin tone, it's a very subtle natural glow :) I'll have to see if this brand is available in Australia!

 
At Thursday, January 13, 2011 , Blogger StellieStellina said...

Hey, I just gave you a Bloggy Award! Accept it and nominate 3-5 others, the rules are on a post on my blog. Thank you for helping keep me inspired in the beauty world!
http://stelliestellina.blogspot.com/2011/01/bloggy-award.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home