This Page

has been moved to new address

Nars Dogon FOTD

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Nars Dogon FOTD

Thursday 9 June 2011

Nars Dogon FOTD

OK, I admit it; I'm a little bit terrified of heavy eye make up.

Whilst I gaze longingly at sooty black shadows smouldering seductively on others, I can never seem to make the look work for me. Whether it be down to general lack of skills or utter wimpiness at making "statements" via my face, heavy lids have always been THE make up mountain I'm desperately determined to climb. So last week, when my boyfriend surprised (I say surprised, what I actually mean is we went into a shop and he made me physically pick up what I wanted and give it to him) me with a birthday treat of the highly coveted Nars Dogon duo I took this as the perfect opportunity to finally start taking baby steps into the world of smokier shades...



I know, I know - it's hardly "heavy", is it? After liberally applying both shades I spectacularly freaked and started to buff the pigmentation down with a finely tipped sponge brush. The effect is quite cute, but not the full blown sexiness I know this duo is capable of achieving.

Eyes: Nars Dogon Eyeshadow, Hourglass Film Noir mascara, Korres Black Eye Liner, NO 7 Eyebrow pencil
Skin: Max Factor Smooth Effect
Lips: Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio (heavily blotted down)

What make up looks are you intimidated by? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

I think it looks gorgeous on you! I don't wear heavy eye make-up myself except for blog posts, so I do know what you mean; anyway, you look stunning :)

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really suits you,and as you said, baby steps!

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Blogger Lyuba-chan said...

I think you should give it a go :) And the reason I'm so sure you'll look great is because I have the same problem (super pale with heavy lids) but recently I've been doing a lot of dark eye makeup look. I love it so much I can't go back to natural now. And having lots of lid space to work with is so much fun! You can show off a lot of colors! :)

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Blogger JC ♔ said...

Subtle but pretty. I like the light smokey effect. :)

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Blogger LatBeautyAddict said...

I don't really wear heavy eye makeup but this looks lovely on you.

Lx

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Blogger Tiffany said...

I really like how your wore the duo! Going full-on smokey and dramatic is the obvious route with Dogon, but it's nice to know that it can also be worn more muted, and I think it looks lovely on you :) I'm usually too intimidated to wear opaque, bright lipstick for more than a half hour!

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 , Anonymous Jen W said...

I think you look amazing here, and am really curious now at what a smokey eye would look like on you!

 
At Friday, June 10, 2011 , Blogger Nomadic D. said...

You look so hot! I think it's great that you're dipping your toes in the sea of smokey eyes, no need to dive in head first, just ease your way in. I totally think you could pull off a dramatic eye, but meanwhile, this looks beautiful on you!

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, June 10, 2011 , Blogger Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

THANK YOU for this post. I just got Dogon and feel the same way. I will wear it in a similar way now :) Whew.

Michelle
xx

 
At Saturday, June 11, 2011 , Blogger Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

I have the same fear of heavy eye makeup, but if I looked like you, I'd go for it full throttle!!! (My issue is that one eye has a heavy crease while the other is a hooded monolid. Even eyeliner makes the creased eye look huge and the other one tinier.) The light touch still looks great. Baby steps, right? Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home