This Page

has been moved to new address

The Beauty Bite Archives - Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: The Beauty Bite Archives - Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara

Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Beauty Bite Archives - Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara

After the hugely impressive performance by Chantecaille's Faux Cils last week, I decided to start up some friendly make up rivalry by pitting it against YSL's very own take on the false lash effect...



Also going by the name Faux Cils (could this be the 'Smith' of the mascara world?) , YSL's sleek golden tube is packed full of B5 and bioactive sugars: ingredients designed to protect each lash from dehydration. It doesn't smell quite as lovely as it's opponent, but the brush is big, bushy and bloody brilliant at it's job.

Before:

After:

Plus:

It took me around 3 coats to achieve this look. The formula built up extremely nicely and didn't seem to clump at all. My lashes felt super light and fluttery, plus by zig zagging the brush during application I was able to create a stunning feathery effect.

So how does it fair against Chantecaille? Well let's just let the pictures do the talking. Remember, this is ONE coat of Chanticaille VS THREE coats of YSL.

Chantecaille top/YSL bottom

Plus:
Chantecaille top/YSL bottom

Overall, they both do a stunning job. If you crave length over volume then I'd advise you pick up Chantecaille. However, if you crave volume over length then most definitely head for YSL. I personally prefer the application of Chantecaille - yet I've never seen a mascara do fluttery lashes as well as Yves Saint Laurent. From the photos above, YSL certainly gives the more 'false' appearance.

I am aware that this is an extremely unfair test comparing 3 coats of mascara to 1!

YSL Faux Cils Mascara is available worldwide and at amazon.co.uk for £16.95

*this product was purchased by The Beauty Bite*

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

When I saw your lashes after the Faux Cils, I gasped in wonder "Bloody hell!" Even though it's three coats, that's pretty damn impressive.

Might have to put the Faux Cils on my wishlist.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Annette said...

Wow - amazing result! Looks great:-)

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Summer Sunshine said...

Wow looks amazing.
Can I ask, when you apply the YSL one do you allow the first coat to dry and the apply another layer . Or do you put the 2nd coat straight away, while 1st coat still wet? thanks

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Are you reading my mind??!! I was just considering ordering the YSL mascara today. I LOVE my Armani Eyes to Kill but I've been frustrated by how fast my tubes have been drying out. The YSL looks like just what I'm after! Thanks!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Katrina said...

the ysl look amazing on your lashes! it looks like falsies! i've read your previous post on ysl faux clis and when i saw the pics i really wanted to try it so i went to the mall and tried it but it didn't look that good on my lashes :( good thing i just tried it and didn't pay for it yet. i was really disappointed cause i've been searching for a mascara that will give me volume and will do a good job in separating my lashes.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

I LOVE YSL Faux Cils and it looks like you do too! :)

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, it looks so pretty! I'm adding this to my mascara wish list!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Blogger Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow this mascara seems to work wonder on you! It did absolutely nothing for me, it clumps like hell, smudge and dry so quickly!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 , Anonymous Arianne said...

You forgot to add the disclaimer "lash inserts were used to add lash density." ;) Seriously, you could be a mascara model. YSL should pay you for this review! I need this mascara.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2011 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@ Summer Sunshine - I normally leave each coat to dry slightly before I apply the next, but don't leave it too long otherwise application can become a bit 'crispy'.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW your lashes with the YSL mascara look amazing! I now have this mascara on my list to buy. Why, faux cils, why do you have to be 30 dollars? ;)

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love with this, your lashes are incredible!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home