This Page

has been moved to new address

Nude Skincare - The Best Products For Oily Skin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Nude Skincare - The Best Products For Oily Skin

Saturday 27 August 2011

Nude Skincare - The Best Products For Oily Skin

After receiving many messages requesting coverage of products designed specifically for oily skin (as opposed to my dry/combination needs) I headed straight for the e-mail and contacted my favourite skincare company, NUDE. A few days later a couple of oil busting beauties arrived in the safe hands of my lovely friend Ellie. I left her to play with them for a month before chatting about the formulas, textures - and most importantly - results. If you're prone to excess oil than this one's for you!



Moisture Balance - £48/40ml
"THANK YOU!" was the greeting I got when me and Ellie first checked in. She's a mum, in her late twenties and has suffered from break outs since she was a teen. "I genuinely can't remember the last moisturiser I tried that didn't cause my face to erupt into a mountain of spots." Containing calming ingredients such as seaweed and liquorice to help soothe the skin, this refreshing gel combats the signs of ageing whilst keeping the skin hydrated yet free from excess oils. "It's extremely sheer which helps a lot. I find thicker, richer textures are too much and will always make my skin feel weighed down and greasier. This is light and breathable without being at all drying. It's just nice to not feel self conscious about looking shiny when I'm wandering round the supermarket."

Moisture Balance swatched/ blended

The texture absorbs at a helpfully lively pace, allowing the gel to be liberally applied both morning and night to ensure the best possible results are achieved. A month later and Ellie is still a fan. "The very top of my forehead still gets the odd bout of grease, but it's nothing compared to what I used to have. Also, my pores aren't clogged which makes a huge difference to the overall look of my skin. It's a very easy gel to use and takes no time at all, which is good for me because I have more important things to do then faff about waiting for my face to dry. My t-zone isn't anywhere near as shiny as it was a few weeks ago, plus the surface feels a lot smoother. I've had a few spots but none on my cheeks, which is a very rare thing for me. I do feel awkward spending nearly fifty quid on my skin, but lord knows how much money I've spent on rubbish over the years. If this fixes things for me then I guess it's worth it, I'll just have to see how I feel when the bottle runs out! So far it's a big thumbs up!"

Cleansing Facial Wash - £14/ 100ml

Ideal for use on normal to combination skin, this delicate gel cleanser swiftly wipes away all traces of stubborn make up. Transforming into a gorgeous refreshing foam when massaged into a wet face, NUDE Cleansing Facial Wash will leave your complexion blissfully squeaky clean. Fantastic for use both morning and night, the gentle ingredients in this award winning formula - such as aloe vera and moringa - are perfect for calming down oily skin.

Cleansing Facial Wash pumped from bottle

Both myself and Ellie have fallen head over heels in love with this product - it performs beautifully, leaves the skin feeling remarkably soft, plus won't break the bank at only £14 for 100ml; enough to last up to a good 4 months.
"Whilst this didn't change my skin as dramatically as the Moisture Balance, I really did enjoy using it. It didn't leave my face feeling tight or stingy which can sometimes happen with cleansers. This is something I can see myself using a lot."

If you've read about NUDE before but felt the products weren't suitable for your skin type then hopefully this will cover any gaps. Another friend with oily to combination skin is testing out a range of Liz Earle products as we speak, so expect a full review later next month.

Nude Moisture Balance and Cleansing Facial Wash are available from Space NK, John Lewis and nudeskincare.com

*these products were free samples obtained by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, August 27, 2011 , Blogger shanice said...

It looks like it has such a lovely texture!x

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

the moisture balance sounds lovely! this summer has seen my skin become rather oily and i could've definitely used that in my life. now that summer's nearing its end, i don't see the need to have it. but i will DEFINITELY be checking it out next summer!

glad it worked so well for ellie!

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 , Blogger Nat said...

I really like the sound of the Moisture Balance moisturiser. I've been using Liz Earle's Skin repair light which is really nice, but I still find my problem areas get quite shiny sometimes. May check out the Nude moisturiser when my current bottle runs out. Thanks for the review!

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2011 , Anonymous The Future is Rosy said...

I really wanted to like NUDE skincare, but I got a sample of these exact products and I'm allergic :(

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2011 , Anonymous Intensed Pulsed Light Treatment said...

Nude skincare product has a lovely texture. It is recommended for those who have oily skin. Nice product!

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2011 , Blogger Tali said...

Great post!
I have the lipbalm and toner which I adore! I used to use the cleanser but it emptied so quickly I couldnt help it was just a bit too expensive for how fast I used it up! I also just bought the night oil which I cant wait to use. Very impressed with nude but the lipbalm is my absolute fave!!

After this post I need that cleansing wash!!

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2011 , Blogger sohirach said...

ooooooooh, i want to try this! thanks for the post and awesome blog, girlfriend!


love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home