This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Prep + Prime Skin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: MAC Prep + Prime Skin

Wednesday 11 May 2011

MAC Prep + Prime Skin

What can I say; MAC's Prep + Prime Skin is quite the minx. Whilst I picked it up expecting a smoothing facial primer I found repeatedly this product flirting towards the credentials of a radiance booster. Undeniably lovely, but not necessarily what I had mind...


Formulated with special effect silicones to give a calm and soft appearance to the skin, this sheer fluid is designed to blot away oil, tone down facial redness and improve the overall longevity of your base. Whilst I found my foundation sat cleaner on the skin, I didn't necessarily feel it pro-longed the general wear. However, on my dry to combination skin the texture felt both light and subtle, two factors I always look for in a primer.


Prep + Prime Skin swatched/ sheered out

Bizarrely though I seem to get much better use from this product as an overall radiance cream. Filled with tiny particles of white shimmer, this reflective formula instantly brightens the complexion catching the light in an understated yet beautiful manner. Lately I've been massaging this into the face and skipping foundation all together, allowing the luminous qualities of the cream to add a healthy sheen to the skin.

Priced at £18 I'm not quite sure how to recommend this product. Overall I think it performs OK as a primer, but I truthfully get better use out of it as a reflective cream. It doesn't clog the pores or feel overly greasy - which is always a good thing - yet I would still highly recommend testing this out in store before committing to any purchase, simply to see how best it works for you. Ah, the riddles of make up...!

MAC Prep + Prime Skin can be purchased from MAC counters worldwide and maccosmetics.co.uk for £18.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 11, 2011 , Blogger Nomadic D. said...

Oh, sounds lovely! I'm a big fan of the Armani light master primer with is luminous and slightly shimmery too, so maybe this would be a good (cheaper) alternative.

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

 
At Friday, May 13, 2011 , Blogger Honeylushy said...

I've been using prep&prime for about a month now, I have dry skin with an oily t-zone and I have to agree, while this product makes the foundation application a lot smoother it isn't exactly an amazing primer. I definitely get oily in the day and other primers work better. I like the packaging though!
not sure i would repurchase

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home