This Page

has been moved to new address

Edward Bess Pure Impact Mascara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Edward Bess Pure Impact Mascara

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Edward Bess Pure Impact Mascara

Dang it!

Whilst I've been sitting on this review for a month or two now, in typical sod's law style this fantastic product has only gone and been discontinued! As irrelevant as it may be, it still seems somewhat beneficial to discuss this offering from Edward Bess - a man who made his name with Lipsticks - if only to give a brief idea of what might be found in his follow up mascara, 'Bess Lash'.


Presented in a slim and sleek black tube, this high end product pitches it's credentials as lenghtening, weightless and clump free. Armed with a slender brush, Edward himself describes Pure Impact as "offering the look of false eyelashes" - a description which instantly gets my beauty heart a racing.


Easy to apply thanks to both the size and shape of the wand, Pure Impact is a great mascara for layering thanks to the not overly wet texture of the formula. Admittedly, after 4 coats it does begin to clump in a rather unattractive manner, but so long as you're careful with the amount of product on the wand, 3 coats provide a deliciously dramatic effect. Ideal for smokey night time eyes.

Before:


After 1 coat of Pure Impact Mascara:



As the above picture shows, Pure Impact can also pull off a relatively subtle appearance when gently brushed through the lashes. It's this easy versatility that makes me simply love this product, especially when it gives such beautiful and delicate results. My lashes appear naturally curled and lengthened, holding up easily throughout the day without any traces of flakes or smudging. Whilst I do think this formula would benefit from more volume thrown into the mix, as a mascara that I can reliably turn to for both day and night wear, Edward Bess has done an impressive job at creating another make up bag staple.

Retailing at a price point to rival the likes of Chanel, I wouldn't say I'd necessarily choose this over my beloved Inimitable or YSL Faux Cils. Having purchased this earlier on in the year for around £15 in the Zuneta sale, I genuinely wish I'd snapped up a back up or two. Whilst the full price does feel a tad too high to me, I honestly think this is a great mascara and one that would work well for a wide range of people. If Bess Lash is anything like it's elder sibling then it's certainly worth investigating, especially if you're already a fan of the man himself.

*this product was purchased by The Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

I guess all mascaras look great on your lashes, I fail to remember one that wouldn't look spectacular!

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound strange but you have the most beautiful turquoise eyes I've ever seen! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home