This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Miss Behave Mineralize Blush

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: MAC Miss Behave Mineralize Blush

Monday 4 April 2011

MAC Miss Behave Mineralize Blush

MAC's latest collection - Quite Cute - launches in store later on this week, and whilst the pastel shades may not be suitable for all skin tones (me with a pale lilac lip is not a pretty sight...), you can't go wrong with a little bit of blusher, right?


It was love at first sight when I initially saw the promo pictures featuring these gorgeous limited edition blushes. As someone who finds it hard to resist a pretty cheek colour at the best of times, the added bonus of the adorable contrasting heart meant at least one of these mineralize beauties had to be mine.

In the end I opted for Miss Behave, a delicious pairing of light beige and pearly mint green. On application the powder feels soft against the cheek yet seems to settle on the skin with a slightly chalky finish. This can be quickly resolved with some rather liberal brush buffing, but I'd say in general this is the most powdery MAC mineralize product I've used.


Miss Behave Mineralize Blush applied to cheek

As you can see from the picture above, Miss Behave comes across more as a highlighter than a full blown colour adding blush. The mint green heart is packed full of small pieces of shimmer, which is great for adding a light sheen to the skin - yet I found both colours apply so sheerly, it's practically impossible to translate what you see in the pan onto the cheeks.

I'm not quite sure who this blush would work best on. As someone who is too pasty for MAC foundations I would guess those who fit in the NC/NW15 mark might have the best of luck. I do like the sweet and subtle glow this gives to the complexion, but at nearly £20 I was expecting more than a dusting of shimmer to the skin. If you're going to buy a blush from the Quite Cute range then Miss Behave perhaps isn't the best way to go,regardless of how lovely it'll look in your make up bag....

Miss Behave Mineralize blush is available from maccosmetics.co.uk for £18.00

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was super excited for these when I first saw the promo pictures but after reading a few reviews, I think I am going to pass. You have bloody fantastic skin so Miss Behave still looks amazing on you... but I do agree that an £18 blush should do more in terms of pigmentation.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It leaves you with a gorgeous glow, it looks so lovely.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

When I saw the promo pictures for this collection, the things I was drawn to most were the blushers - this one in particular, because it looks unusual in terms of color pairings. Thank you for your honest review - I think I will skip this collection!

-Candice :)

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Diane said...

The blush was powdery? Wow I didn't expect that. I didn't realize how sheer the blushes are, I've read some other reviews and they all agree with you about the pigmentation. Too bad, I was hoping to add a few of these blushes to my collection.

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me this collection felt like a total miss, like the idea was good but the didn't get it right. I'm just going to get the nude lip pencil and the neon pink lipstick (candy yum yum) and call it a day. Looking foward way more to the Surf collection.
oxoELANA


PS- if you can, get your hands on Pink Cult blush (can't remember if I tweeted you lol) and as a highlighter Bourjois Blanc Diaphane pot shadow and or Dior's Ambre Diamond (where has it been all my life!!!), although you may want to try Rose Diamond, but either or! Both insane perfection! Wow, this quite the "PS" lol

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 , Blogger Polarbelle said...

I think this blush looks very similar to the highlight I get from Mac Lightscapade. So I was pretty thrilled when I got to swatch them ahead of time at Nordstrom.

 
At Wednesday, April 06, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reviews of this have all been particularly bad so I'm passing. I think if they left out the mint heart or substituted for a darker peach, it may have been wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home