This Page

has been moved to new address

MAC Prep + Prime Radiant Rose Highlighter

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: MAC Prep + Prime Radiant Rose Highlighter

Wednesday 30 March 2011

MAC Prep + Prime Radiant Rose Highlighter

The latest member of the ever increasing Prep + Prime family has finally arrived - and me being the eager highlighter hoarder I am simply couldn't wait to get my hands on it...


Available in a trio of tones (Light Boost - yellow cream, Bright Forecast - peachy coral), I picked up Radiant Rose, a light shell pink designed to give the skin a sheer wash of subtle colour. Presented in a black plastic casing decorated with playful flecks of glitter, these 3.6g brush pens currently retail at an equivalent price of £4.72 per gram.


Intended for a wide range of uses including priming, brightening and instant-on-the-go-top ups, these twist pens possess a rather generous flow, dispensing enough product to cover most, if not all areas desired. The liquid is both creamy and seamless, blending beautifully into the skin using just the warmth of the finger tips.


Although the product is advertised and labelled as a 'highlighter', the formula itself isn't particularly radiant or reflective. Instead the colour applies in a way not too dissimilar to that of Touche Eclat, providing moderately light coverage with a gentle, uplifting sheen. It's very subtle, so subtle in fact it's almost hard to tell if it's doing anything at all.

Radiant Rose Highlighter in Sunlight


Radiant Rose Highlighter in dim light

This morning I applied the liquid to my cheeks, brow bones and under eyes - adding more product to any areas containing either light blemishes or darker freckles. As you can see from the picture below the whole look is very fresh and wide awake; absolutely perfect for creating clean spring skin. The brush itself makes application an absolute doddle, lending this range to be the ideal candidate for anyone searching for a fuss free top up tool.

Radiant Rose Highlighter applied to under eyes, brow bone and cheeks

In practice I like this product. It applies flawlessly, cleans up my complexion and gives a decent days wear without any caking. I just think for the price - and finish - it's simply not unique enough to justify repurchasing, especially as it seems to do very similar things to several products I already own; a £7Bourjois Concealer being one...

As always MAC have made a fantastically high quality product, and whilst this is helpful for pulling together a more flaw-free look, I'm sure most of you will already have a cheaper alternative in your stash. Definitely one to road test in store first.

MAC Prep & Prime Radiant Rose Highlighter pen is currently available from maccosmetics.co.uk for £17. Stores worldwide will stock the range from April 7th onwards.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , Blogger Annick said...

Pish Posh, I dont think the product made that much difference, you have radiant skin anyway! I'm not sure it would look that good on my face. Your eyes are stunning!

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , Anonymous Gaynor said...

First of all would just like to say that I love reading your blog,

Secondly, thought you might be interested in something that I have bought which is a highlighter pen which is similar to that but its from Aldi and it's from the Lacura range. It's like Touche Eclait and it's meant to be a dupe I think. I used it for concealing and highlighting and think it works well. It's not got the thickest consistency for covering spots but it works really well for me! And I think it's around £5!

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , Blogger Tiffany said...

Your review was really helpful. I really wanted to try these highlighters(radiant rose in particular), but it seems SUPER subtle...like something that would work best on someone who already has near perfect skin (i.e. you :D). I still really want to test it out in-stores for myself, though! xx

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , Blogger Jadegrrrl said...

Great review, might keep an eye out for it when it arrived in Au :)

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , Blogger Kelsey said...

It looks like its quite similar to touche eclat? But a great review, the product looks lovely but not something I will be trying.

 
At Thursday, March 31, 2011 , Blogger My Lips But Better said...

Jeez, the collections are coming out so fast that I didn't even hear about this product! I wonder how similar it is to my YSL concealer, because if I could find a cheaper replacement that would be AWESOME! Must test this out...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home