This Page

has been moved to new address

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

Thursday 23 December 2010

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

2010 has most certainly been the year of the eye lash. Whilst sales of falsies climb by the day (this year it was reported Debenhams had seen demand rise by an astonishing 1000%) the mascara market has declared competition by promising consumers their own slice of permanent enviable eyelash action. One company joining the race is Rimmel, who launched their own growth-promoting formula back in August.


Lash Accelerator is advertised as an ultra lengthening formula containing a unique Grow Lash Complex - an element that claims to promote natural growth by up to 117% in just 30 days. In all honesty I haven't been using this mascara religiously enough to say whether or not these claims are true, but the Rimmel website seems to be bursting with happy customers.

The elegant thin wand grips the lashes nicely and provides an even, clump free application. A slightly wet formula, the product dries reasonably quickly to leave the lashes nourished from root to tip. I don't experience any brittleness with this product; a mascara trait which I truly hate.

Before:


After:




1 coat of mascara undeniably lengthens the lashes and feels extremely comfortable to wear. The light weight texture prevents the hair's natural curve being weighed down and creates an instant bright eyed effect - ideal for those who love a slightly bolder take on the natural look. In general I think this formula holds up well, yet I do really wish it gave a tad more thickness to the lashes.

If you're a one-mascara-at-a-time kind of girl then this is probably worth a punt. However, if like me, you have several tubes in rotation then a lot of the selling points for this formula will be irrelevant due to infrequent use. I do enjoy wearing Lash Accelerator as an occasional day to day basic, but I don't love it enough to commit myself to 30 days use.

Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara is available at selected chemists and boots.com for £8.99

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 25, 2010 , Blogger Jen W said...

I wonder if it works by using prostaglandin analogues like that lash growth product endorsed by Brooke Shields.

If not, then I would definitely be interested. my lashes are pretty sorry looking.

 
At Wednesday, April 27, 2011 , Blogger Justine (Productrater) said...

Did you find that it promoted your lashes to grow? I tried using it for 30 days straight to see if I got results, but I got bored and starting using other mascaras too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home