This Page

has been moved to new address

Vichy Normaderm

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Vichy Normaderm

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Vichy Normaderm

So it seems to be that this Christmas I've been given 2 very different yet equally delightful gifts: Tonsillitis and spots. Yes, volcano sized pulsating rudolph red spots. And I though Santa gave the bad kids coal...


Having spent the last 3 days in bed with nothing for company but the screams of my boyfriend repeatedly cutting his finger (it's a long story...), it would be safe to say these spots have become somewhat of an obsession. As I lie with my sweaty face sunken into a stack of pillows, I can feel them taunting me with their residence. Well, mock all you want my little Spotty Muldoons, because I've got a secret weapon and it comes in a bright green bottle...


Vichy Normaderm Daily Exfoliating Cleansing Gel squeezed onto skin

Vichy Normaderm is a Salicylic Acid based range designed specifically for oily, acne prone skin. As someone who repeatedly experiences random out breaks of spots (especially during a certain time of the month...) these products have genuinely helped reduce the amount of pimples appearing. The cleansing gel is quite simply fantastic. Packed full of tiny exfoliating micro particles that smooth down the skin, the green liquid feels both calm and refreshing when messaged onto the face. Ideal for use both day and night.

The routine also includes a 3-in-1 Unclogging Purifying Toner - a cooling product that goes deep into pores to remove all traces of muck and grime. I absolutely love the sensation this gives when applied, it's tingly fresh and not at all tightening. When used as a duo the two products certainly reduce the levels of shine on my t-zone, leaving the entire face calmed with a soft matte effect.

Scented for both men and women and safe for use on sensitive skin, if you suffer from acne, blemishes or excessive oil then this range should be able to aid the effects. I use the cleanser and toner for several days every month when my skin flares up and see results within 2 to 3 uses (around 24 - 36 hours). So far it's definitely reduced the size of my seasonal spots and has, thankfully, prevented any further pimples occurring.

Spots are something that appear on everyone (I remember my friend's grandma being upset that she'd developed a big one on the end of her nose just before her 80th birthday) and if you're looking for a products to tackle the problem on either a daily or more infrequent basis, Normaderm is a reasonably priced option for the job.

Vichy Normaderm is available from selected chemists worldwide, vichyusa.com and boots.com with prices starting from £10. (Products featured in review priced at £10/ $16.50 each)

Visit vichyusa.com for more information regarding ingredients.

*these products were a free sample obtained by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

yikes! i know how annoying spots can be coz i've been dealing with them for almost a year now, but tonsillitis, too? hope you feel better and SOON!

 
At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

I have to say I tried the range about 4-5 years ago, and didn't like it at all: the cleanser (a different one, without the exfoliating beads) dried my skin out terribly, the toner irritated it even further, and a moisturizer in the range did absolutely nothing. But maybe they've reformulated since.

I hope you get better soon, hun! x

 
At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@ Rocaille - Oh no! I'm 99% sure they've reformulated the range this year, so hopefully this blend won't be so drying. I haven't experienced any patchiness yet and my skin is normally pretty sensitive to that stuff. Let's hope this mix is better! x

 
At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 , Blogger Proximity said...

I've just had a nasty breakout as well. It's such a pain trying to fight spots when your face is already dry from the weather and all the dry air from the heating!
My hero has been Fresh Umbrian Clay mask used as an overnight spot treatment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home