This Page

has been moved to new address

No7 & Poppy King: Intrigue Lipstick and Gloss

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: No7 & Poppy King: Intrigue Lipstick and Gloss

Monday 14 March 2011

No7 & Poppy King: Intrigue Lipstick and Gloss

As far as collaborations go it would be a huge understatement to say I was excited to hear Lipstick Queen was collaborating with one of Britain's biggest high street brands, after all, in my eyes the woman can do no wrong...


Inspired by the No 7 brand name, Poppy King has developed and created a compact collection of colours to reflect the 7 reasons she truly believes women love to wear lip colour: Power, Glamour, Seduction, Intrigue, Confidence, History and Allure.

Intrigue Lipstick/ Gloss Swatched

One of the most versatile shades in the range is Intrigue - a pink nude intended to give the eternally desired my-lips-but-better finish. Weighing in at 3.5g (the same as L.Q Medieval), these lippies are smaller in height but equal in width to Poppy's own range; packaged in a very similar but slightly thinner tin case.

I absolutely adore this lipstick. The colour is beautiful, elegant and faultless for pulling together a natural and chic day time look. I found the formula to be relatively loyal to Poppy's usual high standards, except the overall longevity was slightly poorer when compared to the likes of the Butterfly Ball range, for example.

Intrigue Lipstick applied to heavily pigmented lips

For me the gloss is the real star of the show. Although this isn't perhaps the best colour for my pigmented features, the formula itself is long lasting, non sticky and extremely comfortable to wear. Lipstick Queen is my go to for glosses and I truly think this collaboration has successfully transported the brands incredible credentials for shine and pigment. Perhaps not as nicely scented as Poppy's personal range, these would be ideal for women who aren't typical gloss fans.


Intrigue Lipgloss applied to heavily pigmented Lips

Poppy King and No7 have done a stellar job at merging together a mass high street chain with a small quirky brand. Customers who have never stumbled upon Lipstick Queen before will definitely be impressed with the high quality and wearable shades released in this collection. For me though, I'm perhaps not as excited as I was at first - mainly due to the pricing. If these goodies were slightly cheaper I'd be ecstatic, but retailing at only a few pounds less than Lipstick Queen's original line, I think the temptation of a slightly more innovative range will always draw me in.

If you've never tried any of Poppy King's lovely lippies before than definitely check these out - after all, they don't call her Lipstick Queen for nothing!

Intrigue Lipstick (£12) and Lipgloss (£11) will be available from Boots Stores nationwide from Wednesday 23rd March.

*this product was free samples obtained by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

The lipstick and gloss look fabulous on you. Thank you so much for the pictures. I am really looking forward to this release and will be saving up my No.7 vouchers in anticipation! I have yet to by any Lipstick Queen (my SpaceNK never have the stock in) so I can't wait to give these a whirl.
xx

 
At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Blogger pinkribbons said...

The lipgloss takes the lipstick up a notch. Looks sensational on your skin tone.

 
At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Blogger Penelope said...

This shade looks beautiful on you. Will keep an eye out for the launch. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Blogger stells and co. said...

Great colours! I would love to try these!!!

 
At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Blogger Jen W said...

Gosh they are much sheerer than what I expected from looking at the product. They look gorgeous MLBB shades on you though!

 
At Monday, March 14, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have very pigmented lips too and anything this sheer is just pretty much pointless on me... Shame, I love the packaging. I assume other shades are more opaque so I might check them out.

 
At Tuesday, March 15, 2011 , Blogger konni said...

Looks gorgeous, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. I'll be camping outside Boots with a handful of vouchers on the 23rd then!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home