This Page

has been moved to new address

By Terry Eclat De Rose Tinted Moisturiser

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: By Terry Eclat De Rose Tinted Moisturiser

Saturday 12 March 2011

By Terry Eclat De Rose Tinted Moisturiser

"Bonjour, Beauty Bite!"
"Oi! Oi! Eclat De Rose!"

Believe it or not but this is the exact conversation I have every morning when I pick up this delicious tube of tinted magnificence. 1.) Because I'm weird, and 2.) Because this is without a doubt one of my favourite bases for creating pure, dewy fresh skin.


Claiming to minimise the look of both pores and imperfections, this light weight watery formula is advertised as the ideal base for evening out skin tone whilst adding a hint of subtle, natural radiance. Containing mineral colour and plant pigment, this blend is ideal for those of you with super sensitive skin craving the appearance of a hydrated glow. Armed with a luxury rose scent, this truly feels glorious when applied to the face thanks to it's easily manipulated texture and heavenly floral tones.

Eclat De Rose 'Light' swatched/ blended

Yet this is where for most of you the love affair will start to crack...whilst there's no doubt my skin looks ultra hydrated and glowy once applied, absolutely no effort is made in terms of covering dark circles or patches of redness on the cheeks. This really is no more than a tint; a bloody lovely, gorgeous smelling tint.


Eclat De Rose applied to bare skin

And then comes the major sting - this 40ml tube of rose scented radiance will set you back £59.50. Yep. £59.50. I for one am not in a position where I could ever justify spending this amount of a tint, however much I love the finish. Celebs such as Sienna Miller are huge fans of this base - and with their incomes it's completely understandable as to why - but for most women the results will be far too little when married to a price tag so, so high.

In general I love this as a tinted moisturiser; it shrinks my pores, it lifts my complexion, it lasts from dusk to dawn, yet once my bottle runs out I won't be able to repurchase, regardless of how much I'd like to. Would I recommend it? It depends. If you're got cash to burn and fancy splurging on a luxury blend than this is a great way to go, but realistically this isn't worth the money, especially when you consider the amount of far cheaper (and in some cases superior) alternatives swamping the market.

I think I'll leave this one to Sienna...

By Terry Eclat De Rose is available in 4 shades from selected retailers worldwide and spacenk.co.uk for £59.50

*this product was a free sample obtained by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, March 12, 2011 , Blogger Diane said...

It sounds wonderful! I have been working hard all winter to get my skin spring/summer ready so I can get away with using a tinted moisturiser. What TM is your favorite?

 
At Saturday, March 12, 2011 , Blogger Kate said...

It does look gorgeous but I can't stomach the cost!

 
At Saturday, March 12, 2011 , Blogger The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

Was feeling it until I saw the price tag. Ouch.

 
At Sunday, March 13, 2011 , Blogger Mai said...

hahaha ur style of writing cracks me up! I like it a lot!

Unfotunately I've tried 2 By Terry products (foundation + Lip balm) and neither blew me away..

This seems to give the same effect as the Estee Lauder Tint Release moisturizer which is so lovely!

Thanks heaps for the review =)

 
At Sunday, March 13, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn that Sienna.

She is my style AND skin icon, but this just ruined me day.

Darn her.

Well, I have yet another makeup goal, lol. And, as always, loved the post.


oxoElana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home