This Page

has been moved to new address

The Beauty Bite: Top 5 Primers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: The Beauty Bite: Top 5 Primers

Sunday 5 December 2010

The Beauty Bite: Top 5 Primers

For some it's a step too far, but for most make up junkies primer is the vital difference between a good finish and a great finish. Here are just some of the best the market has to offer:



Best For Price - L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (£13.29)
This little jar has certainly propelled the world of chemist cosmetics into a more respected light. Offering professional quality products to the masses, Studio Secrets is the ideal introduction to foundation bases. Picking up editorial awards left, right and centre, this velvety, non greasy formula is fantastic at banishing pores. If you want something to extend your party face then definitely check this out.

Best For Banishing Lines - Arbonne Make Up Primer (£24)
Arbonne's newly revamped primer is an astonishing force at combating the pains of fine lines and wrinkles. With just a few quick pumps of the clear liquid gel, the entire face can be prepped and set helping you create an all over flawless soft finish; great for those who desire a little more oomph from their foundation.

Best For Radiance - Giorgio Armani Light Master Make Up Primer (£32)
Developed around an exclusive Micro-Fil pearl technology, this formula possesses the power to literally change colour according to surrounding light levels. Offering a spectrum of white, pearl, pink, gold or peach particles, this versatility means the illuminator has the ability to sit "naked" on the skin leaving absolutely no trace of glittery chunks or childish sparkle. I found it didn't work particularly well at filling in fine lines, yet it does quickly tone down uneven complexions.


Best for Moisture - Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (£33.50)
Skincare fanatics will absolutely adore the glowing credentials of this luxury face base. Packed full of Shea Butter, Vitamins A, C and E, plus Grapefruit and Geranium to provide the most delicious of scents, this thick cream is perfect for maintaining moisture. Non greasy and quick absorbing, this formula adds both radiance and smoothness to the complexion - expensive but divine.

Best In The Business - Nars Make Up Primer (£25)
Pore busting, wrinkle reducing, make up extending - Francois Nars certainly knows how to solve it all. This light and airy gel feels heavenly on the skin and instantly offers visible results. Packed full of soothing botanicals to calm and protect the skin, if you're looking for goodies to add to your christmas list then this definitely deserves a mention.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Sunday, December 05, 2010 , Blogger Jen W said...

interesting post. I think I will have to give the NARS one a try after I finish my MUFE microperfecting primer (have you used this? if so, how does it compare with the others)

 
At Sunday, December 05, 2010 , Blogger Jenni said...

love seeing posts like this! The thing is only 3 of them is available in my country LOL! do you have recs for primers with high SPF?

 
At Monday, December 06, 2010 , Anonymous Felicia said...

Arbonne Make Up Primer: I'm almost out, so I literally broke the bottle open on my fireplace so I could use the last bit of it! I hate putting on makeup without it, my face feels softer & makeup goes on easier. I love it when I put powder blush on, because it makes it look dewy like cream. It's amazing!

 
At Monday, December 06, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@Jen W - MUFE is notoriously hard to find in the UK, so I'm afraid I can't compare. I definitely plan to check it out in the near future so I'll let you know asap!

@Jennifer - Clinique Super City Block (£15) is great for sun protection. It comes in a range of SPF's, and works reasonably well as a primer. It won't zap pores in the way the gel formulas do, but it does even out the skin.

 
At Wednesday, December 08, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if you've tried the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer? I was on a search for the best primer I could find, and that was the winner, hands down! It's so good. It's seriously expensive, but I absolutely love it, so I use it when I want to look extra good or if my skin is having an issue, and otherwise I use the MUFE HD primer, the green one for toning down redness. Though I like the MUFE one it's nowhere near as good as the Hourglass primer, and to be honest, what the redness reducing effect actually does in the MUFE is to make the whole face slightly more yellow. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it does tone down redness, but if you want to achieve that effect without warming your skin tone, I'd suggest a different product altogether - the Shiseido Color Correcting stick.

- Ann

 
At Friday, May 27, 2011 , Blogger MaviDeniz said...

awesome post, i really like the giorgio armani one :)

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2011 , Blogger Toula Beauty Queen said...

I love my Arbonne Primer ... seriously don't waste your money on anything else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home