This Page

has been moved to new address

At Our Most Beautiful...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: At Our Most Beautiful...

Tuesday 7 September 2010

At Our Most Beautiful...

It's thought that everyone has a prime - a time in their life where their features peak and reach their most beautiful. For some that age is young, for other's it's not until they reach the more self assured confidence of their 40's, 50's - even 60's - when their true beauty fully shines through.



This idea got us thinking about how other's perceive this issue. Are you someone who truly believes that beauty lies within the freshness of youth, or do you live by the idea that with age grows wisdom, thus grows beauty? For me, personally, I don't think I've reached mine yet. Right now my life isn't exactly in the place I'd like it to be, and I think that general dis-ease reflects in my appearance. After all, I don't think I've ever looked as glowy as I did back when I was 18 and falling in love...if only someone could bottle that and sell if for a tenner; they'd be a freakin millionaire.

So, do you feel that you've reached your beauty threshold, or are you someone who is literally counting down the days until you're so radiant with natural gorgeousness that the sun takes a fortnight's break to the Milky Way? Mmmm...milky way...

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 07, 2010 , Blogger Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

Very thought provoking! I think I finally found my 'groove' when I hit my mid-30s. I think even in the last year, I've found even more confidence and actually feel I've even reinvented myself a bit. Before this, I was never comfortable in my own skin and was always worried about what others thought rather than just focusing on me. Not sure if that makes sense. I feel though that radiance can come at any time in life and I like to think that we can find it at different points in our life. That is my deep thought for the day!

Michelle
xx

 
At Tuesday, September 07, 2010 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

i HOPE i haven't reached my beauty threshold! looking at photos of myself when i was younger (and thinner), i know i was better looking then than i am now. but i think (read: hope) that this is just a phase and i'll grow more in confidence as i get older.

i think that when it comes to beauty, there is no clear rule. some people are beautiful when they're younger but grow plainer as they get older. but there are some people who i think are more beautiful now than they were when they were younger: meryl streep, michelle pfeiffer, etc.

but i agree that confidence is the KEY. confident people are attractive. if you feel good about yourself, it will reflect on the outside.

-dani
http://callitbeauty.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, September 07, 2010 , Blogger guitarrasara said...

Great topic! Um... Yes! I am still waiting to grow into my face ;) I think my peak will be in my 30s. With my bone structure, I think I'll look better after my face has thinned out a bit. And I feel ya on the "not in the place I'd like to be" in life. I think what we're feeling inside has to somehow be transmitted to the outside world, even when attempting to disguise those feelings.

 
At Tuesday, September 07, 2010 , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

Great post. I like to think that my best is still ahead of me and that I am slowly getting there :) But I guess, like Michelle said, it has so much to do with confidence, and in my case, it does come with years. xxx

 
At Friday, September 10, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 27 now and I think I'm just starting to get into my stride in regards to how I look. I mean, I've put on a stack of weight and my eyes are a bit heavier than they were and blah blah blah, but now I've got the confidence and bearing to weary *myself* better than ever, plus knowledge of what does and doesn't work for me.
It's not enough to be 18 and stunning, you've got to know what actually works for you individually and that's just something that comes along with age and experience :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home