This Page

has been moved to new address

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Beauty Bite: Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation

This autumn's key make up look is natural, so what better way to play into the trend then by checking out Max Factor's latest offering; Xperience Weightless Foundation.


Offering to provide flawless coverage without blocking pores, this product is similar in both texture and finish to that of Armani's iconic Face Fabric. The thick, almost gel like liquid blends seamlessly into a soft, powdery finish that sits comfortably on the skin and, as the name would suggest, is pretty much weightless when worn.

Light Ivory swatched/blended

Unlike Face Fabric, Xperience Weightless stays somewhat tacky to the touch several hours after application. We found that even late this evening the product was still transferring onto our mobile phone screen - annoying, yet at the same time kind of impressive. In fact, after a whole days wear in wet weather we didn't encounter any patchiness, streaking or areas of dryness. For a light to medium coverage base, this really does have a great deal of stamina.

Xperience Weightless foundation (Light Ivory) applied to bare skin

The only downside we've found to this foundation is that it is prone to becoming a tad greasy. For those of you with oily skin, you may want to test this out in store simply to see how well it sits. Otherwise, we really think Max Factor have produced a great, unique product here. For those of you who haven't been able to get your hands on Face Fabric, this really makes a great, if slightly less luxe alternative.


Extreme close up of product applied to skin

Comfortable to wear, easy to apply, and damn right flawless to the eyes - this is definitely our favourite drug store base of the year. Plus, with a Weightless mascara and a trio of lip tints (these are stunning) set to be released within the forth coming weeks, Max Factor has certainly got some real gems hitting the shelves...

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation is currently available at Superdrug with an RRP of £12.99 for 30ml.

*this product was purchased by the Beauty Bite*

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 14, 2010 , Blogger StellieStellina said...

You can't even see it on your skin it's so natural looking, but you seem to have amazing skin anyway! Don't think I could stand a foundation that stayed tacky though, especially as I do get a bit oily throughout the day. Is it too tacky to set with powder?x

 
At Tuesday, September 14, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@StellieStellina It should be absolutely fine with setting powder, and to be honest, the tackiness isn't too extreme so it would probably disappear with just a quick dusting.

 
At Tuesday, September 14, 2010 , Blogger Emma said...

Are you able to compare this to any other light coverage foundations? I havnt tried the Armani but would be interested in knowing just how much coverage this one gives.

Thanks :)

 
At Tuesday, September 14, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@ Emma - it's probably not too dissimilar to the Max Factor Miracle Touch foundation in terms of coverage. Hope that helps!

 
At Tuesday, September 14, 2010 , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

not sure if this is something that's important to you, but i wanted to let you know anyway: max factor is owned by proctor and gamble and they still do tests on animals. they claim that they do it as a last resort, but the fact remains that they still do. now if you're not bothered by this, then by all means, just disregard this comment :).

that being said, your skin looks absolutely flawless!

 
At Wednesday, September 15, 2010 , Blogger Andrea said...

Shame they test on animals...

 
At Wednesday, September 15, 2010 , Blogger ihavemostlybeen said...

Wonderful timing - I have used Max Factor Second Skin foundation for ages, since swapping from much more expensive stuff that just didn't deliver. Am running low so a perfect time to test something new, also I hate foundation in glass bottles - its impossible to get it all out so the fact that this is in a tube I can cut up to get it all out is another plus point.

 
At Wednesday, September 15, 2010 , Blogger Alice at SuperGorgeous said...

It looks stunning on you! I wish I could get away with a foundation like that, but definitely will have to leave it. Glad you've found a product that works for you :) X

 
At Sunday, September 26, 2010 , Blogger ihavemostlybeen said...

I cant thank you enough for this review, as a result I have the best foundation I have ever had! The coverage is fantastic, I was thinking it might be a bit sheer when I saw your pics, but on your beautiful skin you only need a little, I apply a bit more and it really is flawless without being powdery, I absolutely love it so thank again!

 
At Monday, September 27, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you send me a link for this product? I really want to buy it but I cant find it anywhere in the uk, can you send me the link for it for superdrug? thank you :)

 
At Monday, September 27, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@ Debbie - That's awesome! We're so glad to hear it's working well for you!

@ Anon - we're afraid you can't purchase it online as yet, but you can pick it up from Superdrug stores nationwide.

 
At Friday, October 01, 2010 , Anonymous Alex said...

I agree with Debbie, it's the best ever! Suits my skin perfectly as mine's a bit dry....lovely finish, looks and feels like you're going bare! :D I thought their second skin foundation was good but this is even better and an SPF at last hurrah!
Oh and got it in Tesco for an intro price of £9.99 btw! Bargain!

 
At Saturday, October 09, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was given a tester of this product in Boots and have to agree it is a lovely foundation, I need good coverage as I have some skin damage, this really covers well but feels so light and lasts all day, Brilliant.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHERE DO I FIND A LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR XPERIENCE FOUNDATION

 
At Saturday, October 16, 2010 , Blogger The Beauty Bite said...

@Anon - Your local chemist should have an ingredients list for you to check. It's best to ask as sometimes they keep them hidden away behind the counter.
xx

 
At Thursday, October 21, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just bought this and am so pleased with it! I have manic skin that varies from being dry after washing to oily throughout the day, but this applies well to dry skin and seems to stay put with a bit of powder to my 'T-Zone'. The palest shade (light ivory) is a great match with my pale and ginger complexion too, balancing out the pink tones and covering blemishes with a bit of help from my concealer. Thanks so much for drawing it to my attention!

 
At Wednesday, November 03, 2010 , Blogger Crumb said...

I don't thinking that this cost is ok for every country. I;m living in Poland and here girls haven't got too much monay for shoping, actually, I'm doing shoping 2times on the Year! And then I have just 100$ [for whole year, really]. I have just hope that in a future that might change...I think...and it's my dream...ah

 
At Friday, November 05, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a really lovely product. I'm quite pale and have a problem with finding a proper foundation that is light enough, but max factor is fantastic!
Kinga: You shouldn't complain to the blogger about the price of things in your own country. it's not her problem.

 
At Wednesday, November 17, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought this the other day and I really like it!! I find it hard to find a foundation that matches my pale skin properly and this one really seems to work. It barely feels like you're wearing anything. It's like wearing a light coverage foundation but with so much more coverage! I wore it today and got lots of compliments on my skin and mine really isn't the best :)

 
At Thursday, June 02, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've just tried this foundation and have to agree that it does seem slightly greasy on my (oily) skin. I don't understand, though, as it's supposed to be oil-free.

Can you recommend a good foundation for oily skin and large pores? I only need it for my T-zone. Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home